Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Who Cares

Ya, it started as just another day. It was October 11, 2006, I woke up at 9 am, did all the essentials and get into my car to rush to the office. Listening to the FM Radio and havin my breakfast, I was drivin on the highway when suddenly I came across something which defined my whole day. When life is running at a fast pace, u tend to forget things happening around you, the state of people around you.

There was a rickshaw puller being beaten up by a well dressed gentleman because he was just too close to his Honda Accord car (I assume this was the reason). And then my mind kept on thinking, was it that big a reason to beat up someone. Or the reason was altogether different. the real reason was that the rickshaw puller was poor, of a lower cast, and at the wrong place at the wrong time and in front of a High-Society man who can do anything he wants with his fellow countrymen just because he has the power of the green paper in his back pocket.

The person who spent 18 lakhs and has his family member enjoying movies all day and nights beats up a person who saves 18 rs a day to send back to his village in Bihar so that his parent don't die and his children don't beg. That's whats happening around us.

Lets spoil our mood for sometime by thinking of all this and go to sleep. That's all we can do about it.

No comments: